If You Were an Alaska Medicaid Authorized Billing Provider During The Period From October 1, 2013 To December 31, 2016, Your Rights May Be Affected by a Class Action Settlement
Monday, January 26, 2021 — Deadline to Submit an Objection or Exclude Yourself
Wednesday, February 10, 2021 — Claims Deadline
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 — Final Approval Hearing
A federal court authorized the notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- You may be eligible for a cash payment if you were an Alaska Medicaid authorized billing provider that submitted a Medicaid claim via or to be processed by the State of Alaska’s Medicaid Management Information System (“Health Enterprise”) during the period from October 1, 2013 through and including December 31, 2016. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes claims for Medicaid reimbursable services arising on or before December 31, 2016, even if such claims for payment were submitted for payment via or to be processed by Health Enterprise after December 31, 2016.
- This lawsuit is brought by Plaintiff South Peninsula Hospital alleging that Xerox State Healthcare, LLC, n/k/a Conduent State Healthcare, LLC (“Conduent”) failed to properly design, develop, and implement Health Enterprise for rollout on October 1, 2013 (the Health Enterprise “Go-Live” date), and made misrepresentations to the State of Alaska about Health Enterprise’s operational readiness in violation of the Alaska Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act, A.S. § 45.50.471.
- The lawsuit alleges that because of this conduct, Alaska Medicaid authorized billing providers suffered economic harm. Conduent denies these claims but has agreed to the Settlement.
- Settlement Class Members may submit claims for cash payments. If you are a Settlement Class Member and submit a valid and timely claim, you will recover a minimum of $300 but may recover more based on the plan of allocation described in detail below.
- You can submit a claim on this Settlement Website at the SUBMIT A CLAIM page, or you can submit your claim by email to info@HealthProviderSettlement.com or by U.S. mail to Health Provider Class Action, c/o Settlement Administrator, 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210, Philadelphia, PA 19103. The deadline to submit a Claim for a cash payment is February 10, 2021.
- The Settlement has been preliminarily approved by the Court. The Notice linked on the IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS page provides information about the Settlement and your options as a Settlement Class Member. Please read the Notice carefully because it affects your legal rights.
|SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS||DEADLINE|
SUBMIT A CLAIM
|The only way for you to get a payment from the Settlement for economic harm related to untimely reimbursed Medicaid claims that were submitted via or to be processed by Health Enterprise during the period from October 1, 2013 through and including December 31, 2016 (or after December 31, 2016, for claims that arose on or before December 31, 2016).||February 10, 2021|
|Get no payment. This option allows you to retain any rights you otherwise may have related to this case. If you opt out, you will not be bound by the terms of the Settlement, but you will also not be entitled to submit a claim for benefits from the Settlement.||January 26, 2021|
COMMENT ON OR OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT AND/OR ATTEND A HEARING
|You can write to the Court about why you like or do not like the Settlement, and you may also choose to attend with or without your own attorney the Final Approval Hearing on February 24, 2021, at which time the Court will decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement.||January 26, 2021|
|Get no payment. Give up rights.||No Deadline|
- Please note that payments will be made only if the Court grants final approval and the Settlement becomes effective. The date and time of the Final Approval Hearing is subject to modification by the Court, so check this Settlement Website for updates.